Stock totals

Instructions, Hints & Tips, Ask for Help
jerry12953

Stock totals

Post by jerry12953 »

Why can't I see any stock totals ?

Most are blank; a few have a figure attached but the figure is wrong.
jerry12953

Re: Stock totals

Post by jerry12953 »

Anybody?
abctech
Site Admin

Post by abctech »

We need more information. Where is it that you can't see stock totals? If you view other reports do you see stock as normal? What is the difference between the totals you can see and those you can't?

There are no known problems with ABC so it's most likely to be due to dates, or box ticked or not ticked.
(There is no question about ABC that we can't answer :-)
jerry12953

Post by jerry12953 »

Thanks. I will look at it again soon.
jerry12953

Post by jerry12953 »

Chris,

I have just had a quick look at this and there does seem to be a pattern.

Looking at the stock cards, there is EITHER a "Quantity in Stock" figure other than zero, OR an "allocated" figure other than zero.

In the first case the stock total is wrong, and the allocated figure is zero. This is immediately contradicted by the list of sales beneath it, which appears to be correct.
In the second case, the stock total is zero but the allocated figure is correct, judging from the list of sales below it.

I have only checked a few items, out of about 150.

I may be able to get back to this later on today. I wonder if it might be better to have a phone conversation about it, rather an exchange of emails.
abctech
Site Admin

Post by abctech »

We are currently looking at the Stock (Inventory) system with a view to making a few changes in response to user requests for a few more options. (eg. choice of how ABC recalculates the Stock Cost Prices when new stock items at a different price are added to stock). (and the option to for a global setting of the number of decimal places displayed).

If you have any requests, do let us know.
(There is no question about ABC that we can't answer :-)