Customise Invoice layout

Instructions, Hints & Tips, Ask for Help
Pennington

Customise Invoice layout

Post by Pennington »

Is there a mechanism for editing which columns are printed on the invoice body?

For example: I do not need to show Stock Code on my invoices and would prefer it to be removed if possible.
abctech
Site Admin

Re: Customise Invoice layout

Post by abctech »

You can choose to show or hide the Analysis Heading column on the printed invoicce, but there is no similar option for the Stock Code column (if we get a few people asking for this we would implement it).

If you use the TEXT ONLY Printing system (eg. for dot-matrix printers) then you can customise the invoice layout as much as you like, but you lose the pretty lines and fonts and logo etc.

Coming soon -- a function to allow you to design your own invoice layout -- ie completely customise the ABC printed invoice. Tnis will be exactly what you require.
(There is no question about ABC that we can't answer :-)
halftone

Post by halftone »

Another vote for switch-offable stock codes on invoices here. I imagine most people selling services rather than goods will only use them for price lookup and they mean little to customers.

But more importantly, I would like to be able to show line-by-line adhoc discounts, which I use for escalating discounts for quantity. ABC5 used to do this, it seems to have been sacrificed in '6. Partly it's because I want my few remaining customers to see how amazingly generous I am, and partly because 10 wotsits @£10ea = £75 just looks like bad math unless the 25% discount is explicit somewhere.
abctech
Site Admin

Post by abctech »

You can choose to hide or show the discount column on the printed invoice in ABC6, so I think this answers your requirement to show discounts line by line. On the invoice OPTIONS tab, see the Print Variations box. This was implmented a few months ago.

We can add another check box to the Print Variations, to allow you to hide or show the Stock column on the printed invoice.
halftone

Post by halftone »

Ah, brilliant - thanks Chris.
abctech
Site Admin

Post by abctech »

A new feature recently added to ABC6 allows us to customise invoices for you to any extent. There are no limits. See page on our website with samples.

Note: there is a charge for this service.
And the invoice you see on screen while creating the invoice does not change; it is only the printed invoice that gets customised.