On-line year end returns

How to use Payroll, feedback, problems and solutions, and general chatter about Payrolls
dazedandconfused

On-line year end returns

Post by dazedandconfused »

I HATE ON-LINE YEAR END RETURNS :(

I've been putting off doing these returns, because I know something will always go wrong. I've managed to overcome various error messages, but now I'm stuck with:
Authentication Failure
Supplied user credentials failed validation for the requested service
BodyError Code 1046

I'm using the same computer as last year, when the return was finally accepted and went through successfully. This year, the computer remembers my PAYE user name and password. But I'm getting the error message above. I've tried deleting the PAYE user name and password, and then re-entering them manually. But still the same error message. My user ID and password are definitely correct. I've tried rebooting the PC, re-entering the name and password loads of times, triple/quadruple checking for capital letters and confusing numbers. And still I'm stuck.

The PAYE on-line helpdesk of course blame ABC. They've asked me to get ABC to remove the autocomplete fuction, so that I have to manually enter the user name and password when the return is actually being sent. Can't see what difference that would make. But they won't offer me any other help apart from that.

What should I do?
abctech
Site Admin

Re: On-line year end returns

Post by abctech »

Try logging on to the government website to check your mailbox. If this works OK then your ID and password are OK. (If not, contact the Inland Revenue again to sort it out).

If your ID and password are OK, then the most likely other thing it could be are your PAYE Reference and/or Tax Office Number. So many people were getting confused about these that we devoted a whole page to explaining what they are -- see page 4 of the ABC Payroll Update letter sent out (dated 22 March). To check or edit these go to Payroll > Utilities > Edit Company Details.

If the above doesn't enable you to sort out the problem, please ask again.
(At least if you got as far as trying to send the Return, it probably means there are no errors in the payroll data).
(There is no question about ABC that we can't answer :-)
dazedandconfused

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
It was my PAYE ref that was wrong. There were an extra two letters that needed to be removed.

abctech wrote:(At least if you got as far as trying to send the Return, it probably means there are no errors in the payroll data).

Oh there had been errors alright, but I'd managed to sort all of them by myself.

Now just another 11 months until I have to do this all again. I'm dreading it already. :roll:
abctech
Site Admin

Post by abctech »

> I'm dreading it already.

Console yourself with the thought that you earned £100 tax free by doing it this year.
dazedandconfused

I STILL HATE ON-LINE YEAR END RETURNS :(

OK, this year when I try to submit my on-line year end return, I get this message:
ERROR - Your End of Year Return was rejected
The reported error is: Invalid Tax Year
Message Correlation ID: <huge big long number>
Body Error Code: 7515
Error location: Period End

When I log into last year's PAYROLL 2008/2009 in ABC5, it says:

Pay run completed for week 53
Ready to start new Pay Run

Current PAYE week number 53
(This is last week of Month 12)

Yet, I finished the 2008/09 payroll with week 52. I don't know if that has anythink to do with the error message from the on-line end of year return.

Any thoughts?
abctech
Site Admin

Post by abctech »

Can you get the updated ABC SUBMIT program from our website http://www.abc5.co.uk.

Then try submitting your Return again and I expect it to be OK this time.

Apologies that the version we sent you on CD still had last year's date in it somewhere. This version successfully sent data to the government test website but failed when used on the "real" website. We are not allowed to test using the real website.....
dazedandconfused

Thanks. That's sorted it. And my year end has now been successfully sent away on-line.
... I'm sure I'll be back with some other query next year. :shock: