Wrong Accounting Period

How to use Payroll, feedback, problems and solutions, and general chatter about Payrolls
AndyMarrs

Wrong Accounting Period

Post by AndyMarrs »

I know it's sad to be doing this on a bank holiday, but on May 2 we finalised Week 5 payroll and updated the accounts. I had not yet run the Accounts Month End, and, when I came to do so the next day, I couldn't reconcile the Wages and PAYE Control. Forensic examination of the Heading Trans file revealed that the payroll update, although bearing the correct date, had the Accounting Period labelled as 201104. It doesn't actually matter very much, but it puts the transaction into the wrong month.
redwoodsteve

Re: Wrong Accounting Period

Post by redwoodsteve »

Funny enough I had exactly the same problem; Chris does know about it and will probably issue an update to correct it in the near future.
abctech
Site Admin

Re: Wrong Accounting Period

Post by abctech »

Having checked the program code where the Payroll updates the Accounts, I can see that the transaction is posted to the accounts in the current bookkeeping month. Though the transaction date is set to today's date.
So if today is in May, and your account's month is April, the Payroll would create a transaction in the Accounts:
Accounts Period: APRIL
Transaction Date: May

This is ABC6 Payroll 2011-12.

Next time we are working on the Payroll, we will run a test to check the above is correct. But from looking at the code I cannot see at the moment how it could do anything different.