What does F9 VIEW ACCOUNTS show?

Hints & Tips, advice, feedback about ABC5 (DOS). Also Bugs and Problems.
abctech
Site Admin

What does F9 VIEW ACCOUNTS show?

Post by abctech »

dazedandconfused wrote:Secondly, I like to keep an accurate eye on how much is in our current account (F9, view, view heading, current account). If ABC is still in November, but I have entered some December payments and deposits, what figure will be shown in "view heading"? Will it be an up-to-date figure, or will it ignore all December entries? If it doesn't include the following month's entries, is there (or could you please make) an option to view the up-to-date heading figure?

The F9 > VIEW ACCOUNTS function displays whatever is in the Headings Current Balance fields. Which I think does not include amounts posted into the accounts with next month's date (as technically they are not yet in your books).

At the moment the only way to see the "Future" figures is to print a Heading (Nominal Ledger) report -- of course you can just view this on screen. But it is not available as an F9 "instant" option. Incidently, ABC6 does not have many of these F9 functions because with ABC6 you can have several windows open on your screen at once, so we think that does the same thing only better.
(There is no question about ABC that we can't answer :-)