*** Missing Invoice Number(s) ***

Hints & Tips, advice, feedback about ABC5 (DOS). Also Bugs and Problems.
sjweaver

*** Missing Invoice Number(s) ***

Post by sjweaver »

When printing month end we are often getting a message on the Purchase Daybook page saying *** MISSING INVOICE NUMBER (s) ***

For example this months printout says
PL10085
*** MISSING INVOICE NUMBER (S) ***
PL10094
PL10095
PL10096
etc..

Are the missing invoices being added to the figures really or is this problem going to affect our overall totals?

Thanks
redwoodsteve

Re: *** Missing Invoice Number(s) ***

Post by redwoodsteve »

Hi,

This is due to the 'missing invoice number/s' being input onto the system outside the current accounting month, i.e. you receive an invoice in October which is future dated, say 1st November, usually I run monthend approx 1 week into the next accounting month and can end up inputting Purchase Ledger invoices with a mix of, say, October & November dates. These future dated invoices will not appear when you run monthend, but you should find them in the next monthend report.

If you run the Purchase Ledger Daybook for the Current Accounting Year, you should find they are all there.

Hope this helps.
abctech
Site Admin

Post by abctech »

There are several things that could cause this,
1. you edit Company Parameters and change the Folio Numbers for Purchases.
2. you are on a multiuser ABC (network) and cancel an entry that you've started.
(this may occur on single user ABC as well, though ABC tries to reset the number.)
3. something else.

I THINK if you enter invoices with next month date, the message you will see on
the printout is """" See next Month """ but I could be wrong and if there was a whole group of those invoice for next month, you might see **** Missing Invoice Numbers ****.

If the invoice does not appear on the printout, then it is NOT included in the accounts.
(If it was entered with next month's date, then it will appear in the printout NEXT MONTH).
or as has been suggested, you can do a printout for the whole year, or even print ALL RECORDS to make sure.

Ask again if you need more information
(There is no question about ABC that we can't answer :-)
abctech
Site Admin

Post by abctech »

Oops -- sorry I did not spot that you are still using the old ABC5. My previous answer relates to ABC6.

With ABC5 my answer should still apply, but ABC5 is less "intelligent" and maybe does not show the *** See next month *** message.

And with ABC5 it is not such a simple task to quickly view and report on screen and instantly sort it in a different order to see if the missing item is there, maybe under a different date. However, this is still the best way to check.

HANDY TIP: Just search for one of those missing invoices. When you find the answer for that one, it likely will also apply to all the other missing numbers.

With ABC5 there is another possibility of hard disk problem causing things not to get written to disk properly -- it is rare but it has been known. (ABC6 is much more robust and reliable).
(There is no question about ABC that we can't answer :-)