Nominal Ledger Journal Entries

New features, and your Wishlist
AndyMarrs

Nominal Ledger Journal Entries

Post by AndyMarrs »

Is there any particular reason why: Nominal Ledger > Direct Entries > Journals works differently to, for example, Cashbook and other Direct Entries? In the latter, pressing enter on a vacant date or heading field displays the relevant menu, or in the case of the note field the name of the heading is entered. In Journals, pressing enter on a vacant field does nothing, and, to get the menu, it is necessary to use the mouse to press the 'down' arrow in the field. It is quite laborious to type in the date for each line. On this topic, I would personally find it most convenient if the date was copied from the line above as in Cashbook Entries, as, when I have to input a batch of journals, they are invariably dated the same.
abctech
Site Admin

Re: Nominal Ledger Journal Entries

Post by abctech »

The reason is lazy programming. Due to that fact that Direct Entries is something most people never need to use, or only very occasionally, so we've not had any feedback about suggestions for improvements. I'll add your comments to the Things To Do List, and would expect them to be addressed in an update soon.

Thanks for the ideas.
(There is no question about ABC that we can't answer :-)