Nominal Ledger Journal Entries

New features, and your Wishlist
AndyMarrs

Nominal Ledger Journal Entries

Post by AndyMarrs »

When inputting Journal Entries (Transfers), I almost always find that all entries in the batch require the same date. And so I would find it helpful if the date on the first line was copied to subsequent lines as in Cashbook Entries. This would be particularly helpful when I get a batch of around 100 entries from the accountant after the year's accounts have been finalised.
abctech
Site Admin

Re: Nominal Ledger Journal Entries

Post by abctech »

For some reason this message has only just appeared on my screen (though it is dated a couple of years ago). That's my excuse for not replying before this.

Entering adjustments from the accountant relating to the previous year should normally be done with the Opening Balances entry in the Nominal Ledger. This appears like a spreadsheet on screen so your suggestion for improvements do not apply.

For the CashBook entries I think suggestion has already been implemented. I will check it out and add it to a list if not already done.

Things like this are very easy to do, and we welcome ideas for making the software more user friendly or foolproof.
(There is no question about ABC that we can't answer :-)