Cashbook and Nominal Ledger Entries

New features, and your Wishlist
AndyMarrs

Cashbook and Nominal Ledger Entries

Post by AndyMarrs »

The recent update which altered the way of entry in the 'Method' column in Cashbook Entries is welcome. Now, by pressing Enter you accept the copy of the line above, or alteratively you can overwrite. Personally, I would welcome a similar treatment of the 'HDG' column, as many of the entries I have to make are different from the line above.

Also we have to make a lot of entries into the Nominal Ledger Wages and Transfers, almost all of each batch being on the same date. So we would find it much quicker if the date copied from the line above. Less importantly, I routinely have to enter our accountant's journals. In this case I would find it convernient if the Balance Heading column operated in the form of 'Accept the copy of the line above or overwrite', or even defaulted to 5281 like ABC5.

These ideas probably only reflect my idiosyncracies, but I would like to know what others think.
OldBaldGit

Re: Cashbook and Nominal Ledger Entries

Post by OldBaldGit »

I'v never used the wages or accountant jurnal entries si it doesnt matter to me.
abctech
Site Admin

Re: Cashbook and Nominal Ledger Entries

Post by abctech »

Thank you for the suggestions (which we welcome).

The Nominal Ledger WAGES ENTRY has been changed as you requested. It does make multiple entries a bit faster.

As fars as I can see the CashBook entry does work the way you would like. The Date, Hdg and Method columns all default to be the same as the line above. But if you can see something that is not doing what you expect, please let us know.
(There is no question about ABC that we can't answer :-)